We take security very seriously due to the nature of what we do and encrypt all your sensitive information using industry-tested standards.
We even inform you about which fields are encrypted in our own database when you create a server, a backup or a storage.
These encrypted fields are only decrypted when you login to your account or on-the-fly at runtime when SimpleBackups takes a backup for you.
We do not log sensitive data anywhere or "forget" encrypting something that has to be encrypted. Like you, we are also tired of the bad practices we see every now and then at tech companies of all sizes resulting in leaked plain text data sometimes or logs that were forgotten.
Here is a list of other things we do to secure your data:
- Your file backups run on your own server, not ours, not a third-party
- Your database backups are dumped on your own server, not ours (unless you choose to), not a third-party.
- Backup archives are directly and securely sent to your remote storage form your own server, not ours, not a third-party.
- Your temporary backup files stay on your own server.
- Our backup scripts do not store any sensitive data on your server (no temporary backup scripts with credentials are ever created on your server and so on).
Have a question? Contact us for more information.