Yes. Please refer to https://simplebackups.io/pricing/ for our pricing.
Our free storage, also called SimpleStorage, is a dedicated AWS S3 or equivalent storage for your account.
You can choose to store your backups on that SimpleStorage free of charge and without having to provide your own storage depending in your plan.
How does it work?
Just login to your account and go to https://my.simplebackups.io/storage then activate your included SimpleStorage.
- MySQL / MariaDB
Assuming you have your server and database credentials available, we have seen it take less than 2 minutes and 14 seconds to install SimpleBackups and run the first backup!
Hey! Think you can beat this time record? Let us know and we will give you a discount coupon 🙂
Absolutely! We take security very seriously due to the nature of what we do and encrypt all your sensitive information using industry-tested standards.
We even inform you -as shown in the image below- about which fields are encrypted in our database when you create a server, a backup or a storage.
These encrypted fields are only decrypted when you login to your account or on-the-fly at runtime when SimpleBackups takes a backup for you.
SimpleBackups supports Linux servers and almost every distribution including:
- Amazon Linux
- Red Hat
- and more…
- Not enough disk space
- Server runs out of memory
- Server has been placed behind a firewall and cannot be accessed
- The backup is taking too long to be created and eventually times out
- Trying to back up a non-existent directory or one that has been deleted
- Trying to back up a directory which you don’t have permissions to read
- Invalid/changed server credentials (host, port, username, ssh key, or password)
- A problem uploading backup to remote storage
- Invalid/changed storage credentials (key, secret, region, or bucket)
- Trying to back up an empty database
- Invalid/changed database credentials (db host, db port, db username, db password, or db name)
SimpleBackups supports the following storage providers:
- Amazon S3
- DigitalOcean Spaces
- Google Cloud Storage
On our roadmap, based on the number of requests from our users:
- Google Drive
- IBM Cloud Object Storage
If you are interested in another storage provider email us at [email protected] or chat with us below.
You can upgrade or downgrade to another plan at any time in your account settings. Upgrades are immediate, while downgrades take effect at the end of the current billing cycle.
If you exceed your plan limit you will have the option to either upgrade to a higher plan or free up some resources to stay on your current plan or even downgrade to the free one.
You will be able to view your plan usage from the settings page when you are logged in.