Rapid Server Setup allows you to magically connect SimpleBackups to newly provisioned servers on AWS EC2, Amazon Lightsail, DigitalOcean, Laravel Forge, … you name it.
It saves you two steps in the backup process for new/existing servers:
- Adding your server manually to SimpleBackups
- Running the connection script on your server
Some of its features:
- It does not require sudo or root access
- Figures out the username, IP address and home directory of your server automatically
Some of the ideas of how it can be useful:
- Connect existing servers in bulk to SimpleBackups without having to add every server manually and running the connection script
- Use as a Laravel Forge recipe to add newly created servers to SimpleBackups
You can find below some screenshots on some of the platforms for demonstration.
When you are launching a new instance:
When you are creating a new droplet:
Need instruction for other cloud platforms? Let us know.
Don’t hesitate to reach out if you need any help!